Join us for a tour with CSB/SJU alums and friends. You'll receive an insider's view of Washington, D.C. with CSB/SJU political science professor Matt Lindstrom as your guide.
Trip Highlights Include:
- Briefing seminars with nationally-known journalists and public policy experts
- Behind-the-scene tours organized in collaboration with the White House, National Public Radio, the U.S. Congress and other organizations
- Join D.C. alums and summer interns at the annual McCarthy Center party on Capitol Hill
- A Minnesota Twins vs. Washington Nationals baseball game
- A visit to an award-winning vineyard in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Pricing includes two meals per day and daily happy hours
- Plenty of free time to catch up on rest or visit restaurants, museums or neighborhoods of your choice
View a sample itinerary.
- $1875 per person with airfare (double occupancy).
- $1575/person—land only, no airfare (double occupancy).
- Includes airfare from Minneapolis-St. Paul, two-room hotel suite, two meals per day, Twins-Nationals game ticket, day-long vineyard trip, local transportation, daily happy hour receptions and the McCarthy Center party on Capitol Hill.
- Payment is due by April 15. Space is limited so be sure to register early!
This trip is led by Dr. Matt Lindstrom, CSB/SJU Edward Henry professor of political science and director of the Eugene McCarthy Center for Public Policy and Civic Engagement at SJU. Professor Lindstrom is the co-director of the CSB/SJU Washington, D.C. Summer Internship Program and the CSB Marie and Robert Jackson Fellows Program.
Professor Lindstrom has traveled to Washington, D.C. over thirty times and is the author or editor of three books and encyclopedias and numerous journal articles and book chapters related to public policy and U.S. politics. Read more about Dr. Matt Lindstrom.